Saturday, October 3, 2009

Short post about stuff

Hey, everyone! I mean, anyone who may be left. It's been a while. I've had some rough times the last few months. I'll break it down for you.

Back in the beginning of August, Jen came out to visit for a week. That was a lot of fun. We went to Osaka, Nara and Himeji together. Plus, she got to go to work with me and meet all of my students. It was a good time. Then she left, and I was sad.

I was able to get it together, and things were looking up. Until September 5. I went for a bike ride to pick up a gift for a buddy. It was night time, so it was dark (as one might imagine). I thought I'd take what looked to be a shortcut between two streets. Not a shortcut. It was a parking lot that ended abruptly at a rice field. Normally, this wouldn't be too bad. This rice field, however, happened to be seven feet lower than the surface of the parking lot. So I fell.

I ended up in the hospital with a sternum broken in two places, and a fractured vertebra. Lame, right? The good news: I'm back at home and feeling a lot better. I just haven't been in the mood to write for a little while. I apologize.

I'll be returning to the US in a little under two weeks. Until then, I'll try to write a couple more times. I'd like to flesh this post out a bit with some details and photos. So come back if you want. I'll try not to be such a stranger.

1 comments:

c-ari said...

Hi, my name is Chari and I actually just applied for the Kouto preschool internship. I stumbled upon your blog in hopes to hear of first hand experience with the preschool and how I could ensure my acceptance by the staff to teaching english with Kouto Preschool. Hope you will be able to help me out!

Post a Comment