Monday, April 6, 2009

Time to pack

I've got my ticket. My return ticket, too. I'll be leaving Friday, April 10 at around 1pm. This is all very exciting. Especially when I think about the extreme, fast-paced action of flying through the well-oiled machine that is security at LAX. Oh, and if my suitcase weighs over 3.5 stone, I get to pay 50 dollars for the convenience of having all of my stuff in Japan with me. It's only three months, right? I guess I don't need that much stuff...

I had a party at my mom's house on Saturday. It was fun. It would have been nice to see a few people that were unable to make it, but I am pleased that I saw who I did. Some surprises, even. Zandra showing up was an eye-opener. No JR, however. Captain D, John Vitro and Mike were a blasty-blast from the way back. Yeah. All around, it was cool. And seeing my mom and Tom and Rhiana and Amanda was awesome.

I received and subsequently looked up the address of the place I will be living. The street address, that is. No results. Apparently Google Maps will have nothing to do with labeling street names of tiny towns in central rural Japan. At least I know the area. I think. I did manage to see some photographs of the town, however. Lots of rice. And a mushroom farm nearby. That's exciting.

I hear that the cherry blossoms are blowing up right now. The blooms usually only last a few days, so maybe I'll miss the show. That would be a damn shame. I suppose I'll find out when I get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

15.5 hours from takeoff. Are you like all head-explodin'? I advise it. The excitement can build to preposterously dangerous levels. My head is throbbing a little just thinking about your pending passage.

Jonathan said...

My head actually did explode, yes. But I'm here now. And alive. I win.

Post a Comment