Friday, April 17, 2009

Valuable Lessons

Things I learned today:

- Being from California, I slur my words. This makes speaking Japanese difficult (for example, kawaii = cute, kowai = scary)

- Despite the above fact, I've been told that my Japanese pronunciation is excellent

- Numerous people have told me that I use chopsticks like a Japanese person

Sushi


- The eye is the best part of a broiled fish head

Sushi


- Japanese pre-schoolers learn way more than American pre-schools teach, like piano, Go and Kendo

Piano Lessons

Go

Kendo


I also learned a few new useful words, thanks to Ikki. Also, while at sushi tonight, I was introduced to a bunch of people from all over town. Shon-kun, Miyazaki, Nakamura and Ikki are coming over next Friday for a takoyaki party. And tomorrow I may go to Osaka to check it out, as I've never been. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jonathan....your blogsite is awesome and my friend, Scott in Michigan loves it. I am so glad you are doing better. Love, Dad

Post a Comment